We are a company that provides fiber telecommunications services, operating in Brazil and mainly focused on B2B customers. Headquartered in Uberlândia, we are part of the Algar group, one of the most important business groups in Brazil, operating for 68 years in the market.
Our modern and extensive infrastructure, built with state-of-the-art technology and supported by a network of more than 115,000 km of optical fiber cable, with presence in 372 cities of 16 States and the Federal District, allows us to dedicate to our purpose: People serving People. To this end, we fully focus on offering the best customer experience, combining quality services with close and effective customer assistance.
B2B customers, which totaled 183,700 in 2021 and accounted for 64% of our total net revenue, are offered solutions that combine dedicated high-speed data solution links with voice and IT services, ranging from network security solutions to cloud storage.
Retailers customers (B2C), who totaled 1.1 million in 4Q21, are offered optical fiber broadband combined with mobile and fixed services in a region that covers cities in the states of Minas Gerais, São Paulo, Goiás, and Mato Grosso do Sul. In this area, where we are market share leaders in these services (61.5% in broadband and 34.1% in mobile services – Anatel data of December 2021), we passed fiber in 991,600 homes – FTTH (94.7% of total homes) and connected 506,000 homes – Homes Connected, providing fiber to 93.5% of our broadband customers at the end of 2021.
We were able to accomplish all the above due to the effort of our 4,600 associates – our employees -, who are engaged in making us a sustainable and innovative company. To this end, we are undergoing a digital transformation journey to reduce the efforts of our customers and continuously improve their experience, thus keeping us as their first choice.
We are a publicly held company, not trading in the stock market, which has accumulated twelve public debenture issues and one promissory note, which is the result of a direct relationship that the Company has been maintaining with the capital markets since 2007. Our commitment is not restricted to the adoption of the best corporate governance practices. We are aware of and responsible for our role with society and the environment. We believe that this is the way to create a virtuous business model that creates value for society.
People serving People
Assist and integrate people and businesses in a sustainable way
Customers, our reason for existing*
Act with integrity
Train and recognize talents
Be an entrepreneur
Be committed to sustainability
* Literal speech of Comendador Alexandrino Garcia, founder of the Algar group
Alexandrino Garcia founded CTBC, currently Algar Telecom, in the city of Uberlândia, State of Minas Gerais, in 1954. To facilitate the communication of residents of regions considered remote at the time, the Company was granted several municipal concessions in neighboring cities.
- We expanded the business to 1,000 lines in Uberlândia (MG);
- We activated the long-distance service, with 24 radio channels;
- We absorbed Telefônica in Patos de Minas (MG);
- We pioneered the use of the microwave system in the interior of Brazil.
In the 1970s, we maintained private control in a period when most telephone service operators were controlled by the Brazilian government.
In the 1980s, we expanded the offering of services to the interior of Brazil.
- We built the first optical fiber network;
- We started offering Paid TV in Araguari (MG) and Uberlândia (MG);
- We invested in multimedia;
- We started contact center operations in Uberlândia (MG).
- We included code 12 in the portfolio (long-distance calls);
- We were authorized to expand fixed telephone and data services to the whole country;
- We started offering Internet access;
- We started to provide data center services;
- We acquired a metropolitan network in the city of São Paulo (SP);
- We renewed the concession agreements for another 20 years;
- We acquired and launched the 3G license;
- We went public with the first public debenture issue;
- We changed our corporate name from CTBC to Algar Telecom.
- We globalized Algar Tech to Latin America;
- We launched satellite TV;
- We expanded Band H (3G) to 19 cities in Minas Gerais and expanded our operations in retail;
- We totaled five public debenture issues in 2016;
- We acquired Synos and Asyst;
- We launched the Big Data offering;
- We entered into an agreement to build a submarine cable connecting Santos (Brazil) to Boca Raton (USA);
- We acquired frequency 700 MHz to make 4G/LTE services available.
- We acquired Optitel, a telecommunications company headquartered in Getúlio Vargas, Rio Grande do Sul, which covers 237 cities in the States of Paraná, Santa Catarina, and Rio Grande do Sul.
- Algar Telecom absorbed Image Telecom TV Video Cabo Ltda., subsequently including Paid TV services to its business purpose.
- Conclusion of the construction of the Monet submarine cable
- We started providing services to 24 new cities, of which 16 in the South and 8 in the Southeast region
- Absorption of Algar Mídia and Rede Ippi by Algar Multimídia, a subsidiary Company
- Algar Telecom absorbed Algar Celular, subsequently including mobile and satellite TV services to its business purpose
- Beginning of operations of the Submarine Cable
- The Company started to operate in the Northeast region of Brazil
- GIC becomes a shareholder of Algar Telecom
- Acquisition of lot 2 of Cemig Telecom’s assets
- Acquisition of Smart Telecomunicações e Serviços Ltda., adding 5,500 Km of optical fiber in Great Recife and region;
- We expanded the operations of Algar Franquias, reaching 65 locations and 9 clusters in our concession area;
- We performed the spin-off of the Telecom and Tech segments – BPO/IT Management;
- We reached 354 cities in 16 States and the Federal District, with operations to B2B customers.
- We were recognized as the Best Company of the Year by the Exame magazine.
- We reached a structure with 82,300 km of optical fiber in 367 cities of 16 States and the Federal District, with operations to B2B and B2C customers.
- We reached 755,000 homes passed with optical fiber in the areas in which we operate in the retail segment.
- We joined the 10 commitments of Fórum de Empresas e Direitos LGBTI+.
- We made official our Remote Working Policy, in hybrid mode, valid for all regions in which we operate.
- We reached 947,000 homes passed with fiber (92% of total homes) and 493,000 homes connected (52% of homes passed with fiber).
- We acquired Vogel Telecom.
- We were the first Brazilian operator to launch 5G.